Saturday, February 13, 2010

TOS Crew Review: FactsFirst (Saxon)

I have to admit that this program has been the most enthusiastically accepted math program my children have done.  Well, not initially.  But after I "made" one my children try it, the rest watched in amazement and couldn't wait for their turn.

This program is meant to teach and review math facts.  The most impressive thing about it was that my 7 year old who is in first grade taught himself multiplication and division using this program. He also was giving me the hardest time doing basic math facts in his everyday math and now they are a breeze for him, so, no more fighting!

They started by making a character to portray them selves.  This was a fun assignment. They are always changing their man.  They then proceed to do math facts which does supply some instruction with the lesson. They are then rewarded with a fun game, which was probably the motivation to do more math facts. Some games are just fun, and some are educational.

So, if I gave stars this one would get 5 out 5 stars.  I have seen such an improvement in a fun way, they voluntary do their math drill.

From the website:
"factsfirst™ is a personalized and fully adaptive online math product that builds a child’s confidence and helps develop instant recall of basic facts in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Children are engaged in performance-based learning through interactive, real-world scenarios that make math facts meaningful and fun. "

To learn more visit: http://www.factsfirst.com/

I was given a free 90 day  preview to review this product.

No comments: